Saturday, September 29, 2007

Air Conditioner

My female cat, Vixie, for the past several months now, has been wanting to get out of my apartment. Every time we open the door, she's there, trying her best to get out. We don't know why. At first she thought maybe she was in heat, but she's not! It's kind of depressing, actually, that our kitty doesn't like us so much that she wants to get out and run away!

We have an air conditioner in our office room. Vixie jumped up on the window sill and pushed back the window guard things and started crawling out the window. I grabbed her tail just before she jumped out the window and pulled her back inside. It took me a while to get her back in, because she was trying to so hard to get away from me! But I finally got her back inside, and I tried to put the window guards back into place. That didn't work so well. After a few minutes of fighting with it, guess what it decided to do? That's right, it fell out of the window. Well, I felt like a dingy. But thank God we live on the bottom floor, or that air conditioner would have busted into pieces!!

So then I lean out the window and try to grab it to pull it back in--and that's not working, not at all! So I go outside and lift it up and set it back in the window. Thank God my brother-in-law Jed is sitting in the office as well, and he helped me put it back in the window and straighten out the window guards and everything. But it was certainly an interesting experience!!

Rachael :O)

No comments: